
Today I went out for a Saturday evening drink with my next door neighbor. We can walk to a popular place nearby that she went to everyday for 6 years before she had to give up drinking.
I gave her one of my business cards for fine art painting. Looking at it, she says "What's 'organic abstract'? which is what the card says that I do. Humm I thought, that's a good question from someone who isn't into art of any kind.
Abstracts I know, she says, but I thought organic was for food. I was a bit mystified as to how to answer. Makes me think I should have done some market testing before I used that description for my work. Well, I said, they are abstract cause you can't recognize trees or something in particular, but look like they could be... and just gave up and pointed to the card-- they look like that.
Except the image on the card is turned sideways so that it looks more like a landscape than the paintings do. Unless the sky is on the sides, which it is in the paintings. A white sky, on both sides.
No comments:
Post a Comment