Tuesday, September 15, 2015

Small abstract paintings on paper inspired by the Mediterranean Sea coast

I once did a series of abstract paintings on paper inspired by a Japanese man who did very small abstracts on paper, sitting on the floor at his table with the snow outside the windows. The ones I made at that time got lost in my travels, but I've been making new ones, different of course.

A small size allows for concentration and depth. Larger size tends toward grander movements and more initial impact, but small works have a meditative quality that is not easily found in larger works.

That said, my larger paintings also have depth and intricacy, just on a different scale.

Smaller works on paper inspired by the blues of the Mediterranean Sea, sand and sunsets:
Square abstract on paper 4.5 inches or 12 cm

Acrylic Mixed-Media Abstract on Paper 5.5 x 4.5 inches or 14 x 11 cm

1 of Triptych Acrylic Mixed-Media Abstract on Paper 5.5 x 4.5 inches or 14 x 11 cm

No comments: